|Catalog Number||RG 2|
|Scope & Content||
The Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) records are housed in 8 manuscript boxes and are organized primarily in chronological order.
1. 7th Infantry (L) Deactivation
2. Environmental issues and FORA (Fort Ord Re-Use Authority) issues; Golf Course
3. Records regarding the history of Fort Ord. Specific subject matter includes an annual historic review of the Training Division, Installation Historical Review, Fort Ord Annual Historical Summary and Review, Historical quarterly reports, and History & Archeology of Fort Ord (Land Boundary, History of the Beginning of Fort Ord).
4. Fort Ord Installation Clearance/Closure Records, DLI and Fort Ord BRAC IPR , housing and homeless issues, BRAC implementation plan, and water issues.
5. Fort Ord land transfers (including Transfer Execution Plan and Annex Cost Issues), BRAC lessons learned, City of Marina and Seaside issues, Hayes hospital and Stilwell Hall issues, and BRAC issues from Col. Sebichevsky's files.
6. Records regarding Stilwell Hall
7. Stilwell Hall and Fort Ord historic preservation. Photographs of Stillwell hall, Monterey shoreline, and Fort Ord Railroads are also included.
8. Fort Ord environmental cleanup, unexploded ordnance and waste.
|Collection||Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Records|
|Year Range from||1941|
|Year Range to||2008|
|Accession number||RG 2|
|Extent of Description||.5 cu box - total collection 4 cu|
|Finding Aids||Click Here to View Finding Aid|